Alma 29:9

Alma 29:9
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Hey i am gonna have to be quick


Hey i am gonna have to be quick

Sounds like a good thing for the Bodily family. I will have to come visit on a motorbike when i come home haha. Instead of going to Mohab the Somsens will have to come with me to Naavou! Can't spell worth a darn.

10 months is a long freaking time some days and other days it has all gone by super fast. Today was Death Temple and it was freaking long time at Death Ball so don't have much time to e-mail. Sorry should have e-mailed before i played basketball. Need to set my priority's straight.

This week was pretty rough. No one really wanted to talk with us and we had a bunch of meetings. Only 4 new investigators so that was a really bummer week. Really terrible, especially in the city where you should at least get 6 or 7, and that is not really working. I guess it has normally been about 8-10 a week. Just to say that Monday, we got 4 and that totalled all the week before, just goes to show.

Had a good lesson with Mia again! That was good we were afraid that she was going away but has started every other day for coffee and cigarettes. And said by November for sure so we set a date for November 4th and going to the Visitor's Center for General Conferance! I love it up there cause the spirit is already there and when the general authorities speak it is just dynamite!

Also been meeting with her cute 18 year old daughter Erica. She commited for November 4th as well. Both kinda reading the book of mormon but they need to do better in my eyes haha. When you read that book you get it, if you don't you never will.

Had that Meetin for just the trainer's and trainee's and that was all fun. I need to start doing a better job. I have been lazy the past couple of weeks it feels like it anyways, but i guess it is time to go so this week is going to be fun! We get call outs on Sunday morning weird...then transfer's and p-day is on tuesday so heads up.

Sounds like everything is going not too bad back at home. sorry this email is kinda lame but i guess it is what it is.

Went on an exchange with Elder Fisher on Friday that was fun. Had a good time teaching a crazy person that doesn't understand anything i say. And also the scripture 2Nephi:25...really wow. And she is just literally crazy, but it was kinda fun all at the same time.

Saturday was the big open house for the new church on 16th st. It is a pretty big church. Me and Elder Fisher sat at the missionary desk to answer ?'s but it was pretty much just members to come through. It was sad. Prolly 90 percent of everyone that came was a member, but i guess that is fine, we will just have to get everyone else there. It was a pretty good showing for a service project they did...the gym was packed and they got everything in and out fast. Pack the Pantries...Nell Zeitsman was in charge of it all, she is a super cool lady. The one that feeds us all the time. Feeding me for the last 7 months so i guess i like her haha.

Yesturday was the worst day. It just seemed like it was going to rain all day long. During Studies it did, freaking poured all morning and then when it was time for us to go out it stopped raining and we went out but black people and rain don't mix. Everyone told us to just go home haha, get out the rain. Super funny but we were able to check on a lot of people and so it was a good day i thought. Didn't teach...made for a very very long day. Prolly the longest day of my mission cause i just wanted it to be P-day haha.

In response to my birthday, I don't really want alot haha. I am not too excited for it cause i hate missionaries and they make birthdays a big deal and i don't really want it to be a big deal haha. Whatever you guy's do though i will love. Don't really need anything in particular but i will get a package sent to dad for his birthday maybe next week haha sorry. Still sittin on my desk.

Got a letter From the Bybster yesturday! wrote it to me on July 23 and Aug 20 hahahaha. Super funny. Then afterwards it sat on his desk before he got it sent out i guess haha. Glad to hear from him tho, said he is training too so i guess that is supposed to mean he is doing okay.

Thanks for everything you all do and i think this was the lamest e-mail ever but i have 15 minutes left haha

Love ya!
Elder Stoor

No comments:

Post a Comment