Alma 29:9

Alma 29:9
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012


Well big news for the week is that i got stuck training! Haha I am super super nervous. His name is Elder Arnett from Gilbert, Arizona, he is a good kid. He seems to be really prepared and ready to go so he will be senior companion by next week haha. It should be a very interesting experience for me. He graduated the same year and has just been working all this time. Glad i got to come out when i did so i can go home earlier haha.
Other big news is a baptism! Yay for Kirk, pics next week cause i don't have time this week. Went to the temple after i met my trainee they call us father and son out here so after i met my kid we went to the temple again. Only thing that made me a little not nervous. Helped me relax a little bit. Haven't gotten alot of sleep cause i am just a nervous wreck. Got the call to come to the trainer meeting last friday. Had a meeting on saturday and now here i am training. We have two hours of comp study that i get to try and do to help him out. I have a feeling right now that it will be alot of help on both sides so i am excited.
Super bummed tho cause it was supposed to be a "family" apartment cause mission family elder fisher is my nephew and his son is related to me too haha, but poor elder chapman got kicked out. and elder moss obviously too but we was gonna have some fun.
Glad for my last comp tho. He is a good kid just really still prideful in alot of things. Kinda opens your eyes a little bit to what you were like as a junior comp when you become senior. I prolly wasn't the best to be with still ain't the best but i just try to do better with every comp i get.
Back to the baptism tho it went really good! I love this man. Afterwards on tuesday we went by for Elder Moss to say goodbye and gave him a card and also a metro smart card so he can come to church! He was elated! never seen him so happy. Took him the picture you guy's will get next week...sorry...but i just feel like there is no time for anything. I am terrible about writing letters back as well. I need to write like 5 6 letters and i am just a slacker so maybe i will get some done sometime.
Also had a V.C. Trip with Kirk went real good. Had a sucky tour. Wasn't real happy about it. Just took us a couple places and bore testimony. not bad yes i know but so much stuff you can do with the v.c. when you ask for a tour on prophets and holy ghost. didn't feel like she prepared for it either. Some sister's will just never give me a tour again to say the least but watched On the Lord's Errand which is a really good movie about good ole tommy. Our prophet really is legit. Very good example to me. and i love listenign to his talks and such
Met also with a guy who has met with missionary's for the last 7 years and told us he has made up his mind and he will get baptized! Super stoked. Gonna be in the new church so new me he says. Fine with me. His name is Kevin Smith. Hopefully he is serious. Told him we will be there for him every step of the way haha kinda obvious but it is okay.
also met with a solid lady. Reminded us of another person who Elder Moss baptized who is gonna be a leader in the ward very soon cause she is just smart. Her name is Patricia so we put her on date for the 23 of September so that will be good hopefully Me and Elder Arnett will have some success.
I am gonna do my best at tryign to explain everything and all but i am just super super nervous and hope i won't let Elder Arnett down and also Pres. I think i might have some fun tho and hopefully be having more success!
Not much to report just want the books and calendar but i won't know where to get binding done so just take your time but hurry haha and I don't care about the caleder paper mara just whatever is cheap. Thanks for everything! Package was good mom! ate all the candy on monday night call out's with all the roomates.
Love ya Elder Stoor

No comments:

Post a Comment