Alma 29:9

Alma 29:9
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Hi there family


This week was good.
Kirk W. Battle is going to be baptized next Sunday!!!!!!!!! I am kinda happy about it. I like this guy alot and he has quit smoking! Pretty much cold turkey'ed it. Went to the V.C. commited him to stop smoking and ever since then pretty much nothing. He is a very cool guy. The High Priests have pretty much took him under there wing as well. I love going to High Priest Group. Just sit around and talk deep doctrine. Super nice. They have a good vibe in there as well. We took the High Priest Group Leader to our visit with him yesturday and it went good. There is a sweet object lesson i did. Got it from Elder Fisher. There is this pen that erases with friction that pilot makes. Write in a different pen how church or anything makes you feel. Normaly just the Spirit, and that is alot. Then you take the other pen and write over it. saying along the lines of this is the world does to ya throughout the week. Then you take a lighter and all the ink from the other pen goes away and you get the Atonement/Sacrament/Baptism that happens in our lifes. Super spiritual when you do it too. Might try and do a video so you can see. Get Elder Fisher to do it cause he is a good missionary.
I love the Temple. I love the feelings there. I love to just go and relax in the Celestial room. not a care in the world when you get there. I hope that is what heavan feels like. I think it is supposed too so someday i can just kick it with my super hot ressurected wife and be happy.
I am trying to start some good studies with my study journal as well. Someday i will have effective studies and be able to do my investigators justice. Being senior comp you are like expected to know everything. That is false haha. I sometimes alot of the time just blank out during lessons on some scriptures and things and i am just grateful for the spirit in those instinces. I am grateful for the presence of the Spirit in everything i do. I really hope that i can be worthy of its companionship throughout the rest of my life. I am still trying to figure out how it all works with it tho. People make it sound easy sometimes. I don't think it will ever be easy to feel the Spirit cause you always got to work your butt off to get it.
It is sometimes the hardest thing to do to just go out and get denied and get denied and get denied. I think missionary work is the hardest thing to do ever! Just because most of the time it is just depressing. I don't know if i have ever been rejected more that this last transfer. Prolly because i have tried to make a consicous effort to try to talk to people now. Between getting your companion to try and talk to people to getting rejected when you talk to people. Some rude some not so rude some even do it politely some just don't talk to ya at all. Just keep on walking. Sometimes i turn my bike around and just keep talking till they talk haha That is fun sometimes. Then i don't bring up gospel situation talking. Just talk about Sports or something like that...Dwight Howard on the Lakers...poopy.
Don't worry too much about getting letters to me, i need to worry about getting letters sent back out...sorry Jordan and Mike i am the worst haha. hopefully i will get some written today tho.
We went to the V.C. again with an investigator named Ken. The sister's put him in tears. Look up a new video god's plan, it is about plan of salvation with familys??? first time i seen it...put me in tears as well i will admit it. Ken was pretty wrecked up there tho. Rubber Malet expierence. Hopefully it will put some focus on him doing stuff to find out it is true tho. He said that is what he needed to do. He is a really good guy tho. Got his foot blown off in Afghanistan, loves family. I really like him he is just scared about change. hopefully he felt the spirit tho.
Also took a family to Why I Believe on Sunday. It is a testimony meeting put on by Recent Converts at the V.C. Have one kinda important speaker but it is mostly for the recent converts to introduce themselves. Took Aster and her family up there. She was baptized right before i got here but i got to be in the circle when she was confirmed. her kids are dang cute. Made me want to be a dad haha. Robson who is 7 and Cedece???spelling??? Super adorable little girl about 1 and a half. Love them alot it was good to go up there to the V.C. For that.
Well not much else to report. Everyone is telling me i am training. Lets hope not. Transfer's are next week??? Super crazy.
Hope all is well back at home!
Love ya Elder Stoor!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment