Alma 29:9

Alma 29:9
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

What's crackin folks?

What's crackin folks?
I kinda love my roommate/dl Elder Fisher. He is a stud and we have too much fun sometimes. We went on an exchange on Monday, and it was pretty much the funnest day of my mission. We started out at District Meeting. Those are always good. Had Panda Express afterwards...always go there for lunch. Was good. Then we chilled with the Zone Leaders and on the way back talked to a couple of gay people and crazy people. Gay people are the hardest to talk too cause you can't do much for them and they think that we think they are an abomination. One of the most hardest ?'s i think i have ever gotten is Can you be Mormon and gay? You try to answer that one. Most of the time i try to just end it before that ? comes cause you know it will come. Or it comes to the point where we pretty much say hate the sin and not the sinner. I just don't think i could ever be gay just so you guy's know.

We then just preceded to have a good fun day. had a person come tell us his church is moving to S.E. and he has decided to just become a Mormon. We said perfect when can we come help you out with that? Super cool when that stuff happens.

We had interviews with President...super fun guy as well. We get in the room and sit down and he tells me"I just got done rebuking your companion pretty hard" "That's good President, on what?" "Roleplays...just told him to get with the damn program" hahahahaha. I love it. Love the fact that he is so just real. I hate people who are fake. Pres ain't fake as far as i can tell. Just had a super good e-mail. Got rebuked on my BoM reading...i have been way behind on where i am supposed to be and he brought up on how it is Zion's Camp and the same thing applys. He is weeding out for leadership pretty much. A part of me wants to just not read anymore till next transfer so i don't have to be a leader, but that wouldn't do me any good i know.

After interviews, we went to the V.C. with Kirk. Had a tour on the Gospel of Jesus Christ and told the sisters to commit him to stop smoking ;] Thought it would be good for them to do it instead of us haha lazy i know. anyways, Prolly the best tour i have ever been on. Sat in front of the Christus with the recording playing and then went watched the mormon.org movie on the guy that builds rides and it has a good message on just changing your life. Talked about repentance then watched a mormon message on the Holy Ghost and how to recognize promptings. Then the Joesph Smith hour long movie. Really just a good tour. Spirit was really strong. At the end, we just talked with Kirk about smoking and he committed to stop smoking. Just really wants to change his life to God's will. Went over like 3 days later and he only smoked just a little bit!!!! Really good. Didn't smoke really at all compared with what he used too. i am super excited for him. I really think he will be baptized in two weeks :]

It was really a good week. I feel like it is just going by super fast. There is only two days in the week. sunday and p-day. It is just going back and forth from that. It is good tho i don't mind it going by fast. I am still learning alot and am going to start to do a study journal now in my personal study that will help me alot i think. Kinda been slacking on it cause i have been worrying about the area and what is all happening. I think i have been thinking differently since i became senior comp cause you got to really do everything. Before you just had to worry about doing everything and it was all on your end. Now you have to worry about really everything it feels like. I guess what i am trying to say is when i was junior i was just told to do everything and i tryed and there was always reminder's there. Now i have to give the reminder's and it sucks haha.
hope all is well at home...sorry this is so short but yeah.

Sis Simms is the lady with the big hair
Migel Rojas is the guy
Sister Mays is the other lady that is shorter and in a t-shirt.
I like those guy's alot

This picture is of Sister Mack. She is really really awesome. just super solid. Gets up and sings her testimony every testimony meeting. Tells everyone they need to be at church and she is the convert of the one and only Elder Banks haha. Asked her about him and she likes him alot. he just makes everyone happy she says haha. Told her i wanted a picture of us to send to him and she had the biggest smile on her face when i said it haha. Goes to show that you do get remembered out here. People get a connection with missionary's especially those first couple.

Hope all is well again!
Have some fun for me this week!
Love ya
Elder Stoor






No comments:

Post a Comment