Alma 29:9

Alma 29:9
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wed, We went to the visitor's center at night with Caesar! He is an awesome guy who feeds us alot and just got baptized. I am happy I have gotten to know this guy. He is such a good example to me! We watched the Joseph Smith movie and it was just super duper good. On the big screen! nothin like watching a movie when you are the only ones in a movie theater! I wanna have one in my house ;)

Thurs, Weekly Planning! Such a great day! We did our Facebook thing! I have had the best discussion going on with my best friend! Nathan is awesome! He is teaching me about the Catholic Church and I am doing my best to try to tell him about us crazy Mormons. We had a member present all lined up and the member showed up right when Eddie our referral called and cancelled on us! I felt so bad. This guy is on crutches and can't get around with us. Doesn't have a car either so we just had to tell him sorry. Glad he has served a mission before so he understood kinda haha. People these days. we then had a nice steak dinner at Caesar's house It was just great! Except we like talking too much and ended up getting home a little late...on the way home tho we passed by this black lady just singin at the top of her lungs "Old time Rock in Roll" don't know exactly how that song goes but it made my night. We slowed down to listen to her and then rode like crazy again!

Fri, We have been checking on a ton of former's this week! It is super fun. Former's don't get checked on much in the city because there are a ton of cheesy people. Well i am going to just get rid of those crazies on the records and do some housekeeping. There are a ton of former records here and we have been by a ton. Alot seem to be accountable tho so maybe it is a mis-conception that missionary's have about doing former work in the city! We ended up teaching Joelynn. Taught her the Plan of Salvation. Was a little rocky but it was good. Set up a V.C. trip! Be excited! We then had a really good visit with Lloyd. Found out houses in d.c. cost around 800,000. Freaking crazy! It costs like 2 grand for our apartment every month too. Where the money is i suppose! We also had a lesson with Solomon today! Met him for the first time. He is from Ethiopia and is wanting to join the church! He is a solid Christian man too. Super cool to be teaching someone who is already living 99% of the values we live. Awesome day!

Sat, Pack the Pantry. Yep, service project that was just about packing the homeless shelter pantry's. Super fun. We then had a good time out working for a little bit till we went to the V.c. and watched the Joseph Smith movie again! I swear that movie is pretty much scripture. I can get something out of it every time i watch it! It was great for Joelynn! She came to church  and told us she wants to be baptized on October 20th! She is super solid investigator! Been coming to church for the last 3 months and I believe she is going to do it! Has had family troubles and smoking but she is going to be able to do it i know! IT is super good!

Sun, Church was just great as usual! We then had a member from Virginia come and pick us up to take us to a referral but it ended up being a dud. Sad day. He got lied to and went through all the trouble to get in contact with us and take us too her but it was an awesome example to me. Hopefully we will be able to get in touch with this girl sounds pretty prepared. WE then went and checked on formers again.

Mon, went back to me old area in the North! Exchange with Carrott-top E. Stanley! We taught a super good lesson to an investigator that has nicknamed them. I am Potato now haha. Got a love them Idaho jokes. Darell is his name. He was drinkin and smokin while we taught him haha. Just that kind of guy. Spirit was there, kinda strange i know but taught the plan of salvation at a glance basically. He was asking good ?'s!  Didn't get to meet Kirk, sounds like he has picked smoking back up! Sad day. Hopefully he will be able to come back. I want to see him again before i leave! We got dogged for a v.c. trip! shoot...it was fun to be back there. Saw Mia and picked her back up for the other guy's! hopefully she will become a Mormon someday! It was just a super fun day!

Tues, Exchange  with E. Szabo! He is from Hungary. It was a good day as well. Got dogged in the morning. We didn't seem to get anything done. Got to meet him tho and I like him more now that we talked alot. We did check on like 20 people today! It was a good day for sure! FHE that night was just a blast! Porter's taught the lesson. I love being able to relax and just have fun with the people who come! Best idea ever! Super glad it is still going from a year ago! We then had a grueling game of basketball with a bunch of Black people who showed up. Schooled em all! Really did tho it was great! Got my shot going and everybody that wasn't playing was just make fun of the other one's haha it was just a fun time. People get so dramatic sometimes and i love beating people like that!

Wed, Went to the Temple! Was just great! Had a meeting there and then got to do an endowment. Extra temple day for us! We still are going again in a couple weeks! Played just a tiny bit of basketball and then shopped at Costco (home card :)) It was a grand ole day!

No comments:

Post a Comment