Alma 29:9

Alma 29:9
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Wed, We found a couple of less-actives! Sis Rees grew up in Utah but turned out to not believe in a church that is against women and gays. I don't understand why people are all mad about the women thing. Just cause they don't hold the priesthood doesn't mean they don't have apart of it. Elder Ballard's last conference talk i though answered that pretty good! We then met with a lady named Sis Ford! It was super good. Just had a nice lesson. She is active for the most part. Doesn't come every week i guess but most weeks. It was about reading your scriptures daily. True power really can come from it, that is why it is so hard to do!

Thurs, We had a super awesome meeting! All the leader's in the mission were invited to come listen to Bro Gonzales and Bro Watson. Bro Watson is the head of the mission department in Salt Lake! They gave the best training i have ever heard on my mission! It was 3 hours on the Doctrine of Christ. It is funny how simple Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the end have always sounded but yet I have not fully understood it as well as i do now! The Spirit was super strong and i have realized that i have not fully remembered my Purpose as a missionary. We had super powerful role plays afterwards that just increased my faith on what i am supposed to do as a missionary. We are here to Invite other's to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the holy ghost, and enduring through the end. They started off by explaining that we are here to baptize. In this mission that is what we do BAPTIZE! That is the easy part. We want them to be baptized so they can have the Holy Ghost with them, so they can start to Endure to the End. As we teach we invite them to do things in missionary terms we give commitments. Sometimes they say yes, most of the time they say no. We then have to build their faith enough to keep commitments. Then we had lunch, then we had 4 hours of how to do online missionary work. Facebook! Crazy you saw me on Facebook eh?  This whole day of me writing is basically what i want to try to do. Please have everyone try to encourage anyone who is struggling to ask me questions and i will try to build their faith. Member or non-member. It is kinda fun to celestial stalk, nonetheless ;)

Fri, We got on Facebook, crazy it really felt different and i have had many people think i have come home early lol. We then went to weekly plan and plan for a baptism this Sunday! YES I SAID IT LLOYD IS GETTING BAPTIZED! After Weekly Planning we went to the Baseball game! Freak today really felt like i am home lol! IT was a fun day! Thursday really did change my mission both how i look at it spiritually and physically.

Sat, We did some service in the morning at the church. Setting up things for a funeral. We then helped Ceasar get his prayer ready for the Why I Believe that night. He was super nervous for it so we wrote it down. We then had a good lesson with Joelynn. She has been to church 9 times and been meeting with missionaries for more weeks than that. We taught the Restoration and she didn't remember anything from it. It was really spiritual during the first vision. She is basically our only investigator right now. We have other's that we are checking on but she is it. We then taught a unaccountable guy a lesson. Thought he might have been there but during the lesson it came true that he really is a guy who needs to live in a group home. Sad.
Sun, Church was just great as ever especially when you are waiting for a baptism right after. Lloyd got baptized and then J.S. took us out to the Derwood Chapel and why did i get to go there??? Amelia and Eric got BAPTIZED TOO! Super excited. Doubled my baptisms # all in a days work haha. I am grateful for the chance to be able to see them be baptized. I have had alot of people close but not many that have gone through with it. Why I Believe is always good. Had good testimony's borne and it is the best meeting to be at on the third Sunday of every month.

Mon, Zone Training went swell. Always a good meeting to be at. President was chillin in the back with his Ipad showing off, maybe i will get to have one before i come home. We then saw Sis Ford again and committed her to find a friend for us to teach and she is going to try to invite her! YES! We then got on Facebook again and got a callout telling us to go home cause it ain't safe in D.C. Guess it is for the best but I don't like just staying in our apartment.

Tues, I organized our Former book and found 5 or 6 people that live in one building so it was good. We are going to pull them out street by street and just get some things cleaned up cause i am sure that alot have moved and #'s are bad as usual. It felt super good to be able to meet people. I love former work. We then had FHE that night after we visited Ceasar! It is super good as usual. Good Ward Activity! Short Lesson, Fun Game, Good refreshments nothin better than that.

WEd, got my tooth all root canal-ed done and now have to still go back next week and get it re-built. Fun fun. This morning he had the shakes when he was givin me the numb. Super scary. My gums are prolly wrecked but i don't want to look at it. Scared the crap outta me tho. We then went to rock creek park. Jumped around on the rocks in the water wishin i could jump in. Now gonna go home and get ready for the week! Ask me some doctrinal ?'s to answer and hopefully i will get them write on Facebook ;)
Love ya Elder Seth Stoor!

No comments:

Post a Comment