Alma 29:9

Alma 29:9
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Wed, We went out and i was just lost in my new area! the number of people in my area is a little ridiculous cause we get alot of tourist's there. It was a good night tho cause i saw Eccram, Bonita, and Caesar. First two were baptized when i was here last! Caesar was baptized when i came back with my old companion! Good night!

Thurs, Weekly Planned got on a basis of what we are doing. It was fun! We saw another recent convert Walter Scott. Kinda makes me mad he was baptized. He was kinda being taught last time and he was just unaccountable. Baptized him later cause he kept coming to church then hasn't come to church since his confirmation. Had some excuses that we answered and he said he was going to come to church. Then his mom called and told us not to contact him anymore haha. Going back to get a white shirt we gave him and maybe that will get him to come idk? We then did more WP. I had to do Stake Coordination too which always is a headache and i had to do it for the last 3 months. Hate it when i have to do it on the first day. Took forever cause i had to get info out of people who has never done it before... We then went out to see our people and we were checking on a referral on New York Ave. and went the wrong way and ended up at the back of the White House lol. They didn't let us knock...

Fri, Leadership Meeting in the morning is always a good way to start the day! It was fun! Was told how to do District Meetings better so hopefully that helps. Other stuff was kinda just hear say. We then went and checked on people. We met another recent convert i didn't know. Nicole is an awesome convert. We then met one of our investigators and just talked with him. I don't think he is too interested in learning just a nice black man. Older guy it was a good visit tho. Maybe i shouldn't judge too quick.

Sat, We had Ward Correlation in the morning. I miss these meeting here in DC 3rd. Yes not a lot gets accomplished but i just like meeting with our WML Bro Ewing. Solid guy. We then had a night of talking to people. I have met a couple of nice people but no one really interested in learning yet. We did teach a lesson but i don't remember to whom haha.

Sun, Church was great. Munch N Mingle is the best as a missionary just a nice feast after church! We checked on some less-actives and met a couple of them and set up appointments. we then had dinner at Sis Zeitsman! I miss her and her husband. They are moving to Italy in a couple of weeks. We then booked it up to the Visitor's Center to see the night of music and inspiration. It was really good program as usual! It was fun.

Mon, District Meeting went swell. Little longer than i anticipated but oh well. We then went to an appointment and went to the wrong address that was on the other side of our area so we re-scheduled. We then had a lesson with Joelynn. An investigator that has participated alot and knows everything. Just can't kick smoking i guess. We taught her with Nicole and it was super good. Talked about scripture reading and the importance of doing it daily. I think it was good for both of them to hear about that! We then had dinner with Caeser and it was good. Had a hot dog and then watched Mormon Messages on his TV with is friend that came as well. It was a good time at his house.

Tues, Dentist in the morning. Yay haha. 80% done i guess. Have one more meeting. We saw Bonita but didn't get to meet with her. Re-scheduled then met a guy on the street that wants to meet with us and wants to do it at "Bonita's house" haha. It was fun to hear how much she has changed. You can really see the change in some people. We then met with Loyd and gave him the baptismal interview ?'s and he is going to be baptized on Sunday! Super exciting. I hope everything works out. Don't know if it is going to tho. Have alot of stuff to do but i think we can do it. We then had FHE! glad that is still going. Started it last time i was here. Everyone that comes loves it. We taught about Testimony and it went good. Had a fun little game afterwards as well.

Wed, Went to the place where they print money, Holocaust Museum all after Sunrise pics that were not that great. Now at the Library of Congress! Super fun P-day!
Exciting things for this next week. Friday our mission is going to a baseball game again! That is right Nationals! :) don't ask how President Cooke got that one swung cause it starts at 7! Should be on National Television too. I love going to baseball games.
Tomorrow we have the head of the proselyting department from the church coming to speak to the mission leadership. That is going to take forever so i am excited!
I haven't gotten your package but prolly will tomorrow! Thanks!
My address is
120 Michigan Ave NE K-31
Washington, D.C. 20017
sorry i didn't have it last week. Our building is locked so Uncle Blake prolly wouldn't have been able to see me. but he can try if he is in the area. You can send letters to this one. I think this is the last stop for me!
Thanks for all you do! Love ya
ELder Stoor

No comments:

Post a Comment