Alma 29:9

Alma 29:9
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Hey i want to try something, hopefully you three won't hate me but i would like it if my sister's would write me instead of e-mail. An occasional short one is fine and with pictures especially is good but i don't have alot of time to e-mail and it is usually taken up with reading everything. I know you say to print them off but that would cost money and kind of ridiculus at 10 cents a page. That would be good tho get me to get more letters haha. Mom and dad keep writing me religiously please everyone has done a super good job with that.
Thanks for the packages! Grandma your's is going to make me fat haha. Those cookies are too good haha.
One cool thing i taught the roommates and comp how to play mormon poker. Twas fun last night. Had a good time.
Also for the work we have been able to have 6 people on date pretty much. Super cool when a week and a half ago there was literally no one. I like it.
Shorty. Was a referal from a random person when tracting. I ain't interested but that guy is...yells...Hey Shorty come here! haha then set an appointment up and got a good meeting Lesson one and put him on date. Super cool old guy. is 60 years old. Rides a bike everywhere just trying to do odds and ends jobs for a living. Hard working man.
Ibraham, put him back on date. someone me and Elder Goodman started to teach. Did a baptismal calender with him which pretty much is this is what you need to do, what you need to know, and when its gonna get done haha. He accepted and hopefully we can help him progress towards it more!
George, super smart guy. Alot of people really know the Bible. I wish i could know the scriptures like them. He i am pretty sure already knows our church is true but we shall see.
Issha and her daughter. She has to get her work schedule changed so she can come to church but hopefully it works out. Just had a rough lesson one with young rambunctious kids
Anacely fell off date cause she slept in for church so hopefully she can come back and be on date again. Need to get another meeting.
All in all it has been a good week and i feel good about it. Tired as all get out but i feel good. It is starting to become funner. Can't believe Elder Schaap is going home. Spending this last P-day with him. Transfer's are next week! Crazy how time flies.
Mara it was the third paragraph in the introduction of the BoM. also you need to look Schaap up and send me a picture of you and him and Kennedy and maybe Pierruci. haha that is weird that you can see them haha.
I am glad to be where i am tho. Even tho i am homesick as you can get i know i can push through it. It has really hit me tho these last couple days with Schaap going home and all. Really come to love that kid. gonna miss him alot but i might have to get his wife to cook for me when i get home and go to Utah State lol. It is hard to just be on the east coast i think. Completely different world. It is hotter than hell haha. no other way to explain it haha. I will never live where there is humidity again.  It is like stepping in a car that has been baking in the sun and that is what it feels like outside...no fun haha. I just hope i stay in a car next transfer. Bike area could kill me...literally. Although i might become real skinny. Gotta look at the plus side. Get good and sexy for the rest of my life.
So the 4th of July...was super hot but super cool and fun. Went to the parade downtown. Then looked around a little bit at the stuff they had there but we had a dinner appointment at 5 30 and so we went home to go and watch fireworks at the University of Maryland. on top of a parking garage. there was a couple that were super loud and shook the thing haha it was intense. The Heath family is awesome. Played nerds with them. A card game. They are the coolest family. Feed us every P-day i like it. Kinda lame i know about the fourth of july. It was just cool to be on the Mall on that day with the monuments and stuff. Parade was super good too. no candy tho but i guess that makes sense cause that would be alot of candy. Super cool to see how the nations capitol celebrates it. Didn't want to watch fireworks on the Mall tho cause we would have never gotten home that night. Had to be in by 10 30 or at least try. Super cool and i think i might have to come back for a fourth of july. It would be good.
Went out with a member this week too. Name of Roosevelt can't spell his last name but played point guard at SVU. He is super cool. Leaving in two weeks for his mission in L.A. Said he knew of Jake and said he was a pretty cool kid. Was fun tho got me interested in that school instead of Utah State, mainly because it is only about 3 hours away from here so that could be cool to go for a semester to come here to visit and do the tourist stuff on a weekend. idk just something else to think about.
I might just try to send my card home cause i took alot of video's and stuff but then my freaking camera died, charged it all night only lasted like 15 minutes made me mad but i am getting pictures from other's so look at Schaap's blog haha
Thanks to everyone for all the letter's appriciate it! Love Letters got like 4 this last week...Yes!
Hope your weeks are all super amazing! Love you all!!!!
Love Elder Stoor

No comments:

Post a Comment