Alma 29:9

Alma 29:9
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hi Hi Hi


Hopefully i can get most of the pictures on the hard drive i got this week so i can send home the s-d card for ya'all to look at. My companion is interesting. Sometimes he is a struggle to get along with. other times it is great. I don't like it when things are too much of a competition when it comes to working hard or being obedient and i could easily turn it into that. He tells me everything i do wrong which is good. Sometimes he does it in a good way and other times it makes me mad. I told him one think i didn't like and he got all butt-hurt about it and didn't talk to me for the rest of the day haha. I don't like that part about him when he can dish it out but he can't take it. It is completely different with each companion and he is forceful with alot of people. I think there will be a talk about that this coming week. prolly tomorrow. With some people it is fine and they need to be pushed. With others it is not a good thing to push people. He is good tho and i am going to learn alot. Everyone i have talked to doesn't really like him and he knows that. That is what he likes to do is make people mad and push them to the limit and i laugh at him sometimes cause that isn't what i want my reputation to be. President told me today in an e-mail that He purposely put me with him for a challenge for me and to see how diligent i could become. I know i am going to learn alot from him and i appriciate the opportunity but there might be a couple of talks this transfer cause i am not just going to let him run the whole show like he wants to do and he is going to let me put some input in or things might not go so good for him cause his last couple companions he has just run over cause they are new missionary's. 2 out of the 3 companions have been my age and have not stood up to him at all and i am not just going to let him run over me. There is going to be give from both ends or there won't be give at all. I am too stubborn and not afraid of him because he is an older missionary and he doesn't think i know how to work. It will be fun tho and i love the fact that he is a hard worker cause we will get alot done this transfer.
Thanks for your letters this week. Next week i will send pictures cause i gotta go cause i don't want to make all the people wait. I will put pictures on my hard drive and get them to ya all of them. I will try and get the letter sent next weekend.
Happy Birthday tomorrow mommy. You're an old lady now. Hope it goes good for ya.
Congrats on the graduatin mara and you can make it through till the end and i would suggest that if you don't have a desire to come on a mission then don't cause you will go home for sure if you don't have a desire to be here and that would not be good. But if you had the desire then coming on a mission should be good for ya. Just get over your flirting ways with the boys before you come out cause it is annoying when all the sisters get in there flirt mode.
Glad to here school is almost out. It would be nice to have a break every once in a while haha. glad someone gets one.
This week was alot of testing people out and making sure we meet with the ones who are interested and getting rid of the cheese. We have a lady names Sister Simms do missionary work and it is fun to see the joy that is coming to her. Makes me think of the thinks that are happening to me and the happyness that is coming as i am talking to people about the gospel. It is becoming easier for me every time i do it. I do think i am going to try when i come home is to bear my testimony in church every single time. I have learned it only gets to grow when we share it so you guy's need to all start standing up in church and saying something. Doesn't have to be long. Brigham Young was converted by a simple testimony and that is all it takes. He was taught for a year before one man just stood up and said i know it true. I have felt it because i have done the simple steps it takes for the Lord to answer my prayers. When we bear our testimony's often. They grow faster and they will increase in size and make it easier for us.
Thanks so much for everything and hope this next week will go good for ya and no the last e-mail did not make me homesick. I don't let that happen to me anymore. I know it will never be the same because i have grown alot and i am a different person and when i get home i will prolly be wanting to move on and get going on the other things in my life. It would be nice to come home on the weekends tho but i enjoy what i am doing too much.
Till next week.
Love,
Elder Stoor

No comments:

Post a Comment