Alma 29:9

Alma 29:9
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Hi y'all


It's me. I know i need to be more myself but it is hard. Last transfer i know i was trying to be the "missionary me" which i guess isn't that bad but i know it is not who i want to be. Another thing tho is i don't know all of me yet. That sounds weird but i am still trying to figure out who i really am and who i want to become. Alot of my desires were worldly things before and the mission is for sure changing that. My desires are changing and it is a little tough to get adjusted and not lose who i was before at least the good things. It is weird tho, i feel like alot of the times before my mission i could just get people to like me. I don't feel like i did anything spectacular, like shooting for example. I never felt like that was anything spectacular and everyone liked me for it. It is kinda the same way here. Everyone just seems to like me. I don't know what i am doing but it just happens. That is one quality about myself that i don't know where it comes from. There are those that i can tell don't like me as much but you get those everywhere and i just am trying to work hard.
Before this companion, i didn't really know how to tell you the honest truth. I don't want to blame it on my companions but i am a new person and everyone just told me i knew what to do. not until this transfer did someone actually tell me what to do. I know what to do now and i just need to work on getting things to tumble out. I still have a hard time teaching. My mind goes blank when i get in someone's home and it is easier to let someone else talk. I love this gospel but i have a hard time explaining things still. I know i shouldn't and hopefully it will come. As i study more for what i am doing that day it helps. That is something i hear never seems to come but for the older one's it seems to come so i think it might come with time but i know i have to put effort in.
Something i wished i had was an ipod with all that church crap on it. I feel like i could study a little better cause i could just pretty much google something with the church stuff. Don't take for granted them computers cause they come in handy. I find tho when you use the resources that the church has it is easier. Also them object lessons. They work good. Maybe you can think of some and send me ideas. I wand to start to make those and get to using them cause it is better for me to teach and i think it is better for the people i teach as well.
This week that tatoo guy i told ya about kinda dropped us but not really. He just said it has to come on his time, which it does. They did thank us for bringing that peace in their lives again which made me happy cause that is what the gospel does is bring peace so i think we were as successful as we could be. And his wife came to church with the little girl they have which shows super good improvement. He will come around eventually i know that. I think everyone will eventually. They just got to or i guess we won't be seein them haha.
We have been trying to get things going through the members and it is fun. We have been doing alot of service, one has been digging a hole. That was nice i should get some pictures from Elder Schaap next week cause i don't take them as often as i should. I need to do better but i want to get them from my comps as well and stick them on this hard drive!
Today we went laser tagging! that was super fun. Good work out. I sucked at it but oh well! had a good time. I think we are going to try paint balling next transfer, gotta try everything once haha.
Bed bugs like never go away once you got them mara, just don't. Annoying x@#&% anyway. I have been getting bit on my hand the past couple of nights. I am in a corner so i think that is where i am getting them and my comp doesn't want to change the room around. Whatever i guess. I only have two weeks left in that apartment prolly.
Crazy but i will not be considered green after this next week. 6 months goes by fast.
so christmas lights. Well it was the first call out night. Fawcett locked us three in their room. We were kinda wrestling and he got the door to where we couldn't open it. then he started to axe through the door ways. While we were wrestling they shot a bottle cap on a water bottle right in my butt. in the good spot. so i thought while they were putting clothes in the cracks in the door i would get the one who shot me back (Dillon) Well then they just turned on me again and i kinda gave up and they tried to tie me to the chair with whatever they could grab. Fawcett has a better video so hopefully i can get in contact with him and get him to send it too me. After we had the pillow fight where Dillon got bloody. then we played some games haha. We cleaned the apartment a total of 3 times then wrecked it that night. Super fun.
Well i better git going. Thanks for the e-mails and letters and packages i will not say no too haha. I like those things make me feelers feel good. like the e-mails.
Love Elder Stoor

No comments:

Post a Comment