Alma 29:9

Alma 29:9
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012


I don't really know what to say about the accident. I guess we can be glad about the knowledge of the gospel and to know that they can be together again someday. This life is not the end it is just a tiny bit on the terms of eternity. It has to be hard tho, especially the fact that it was all family in the accident. I will have to remember them in my prayers. Especially Jake and it being close to him coming home. Super sad for everyone. A pit just sinked to the bottom of my stomach when i heard about it. Not good but God has a plan for us and he knows everything.
Well onto more depressing knews. The super awesome family that i told you guy's about last week came to church. Yes it might be depressing when you get a gospel essentials class that is a little overbearing and it is the last lesson in the book. Exaltation. Abraham didn't take to the fact that we will become God's someday very well. We have not been in contact and they said they would call us and we have been giving ourselves headaches on what to do next with them. How long to we give them, what do we say, just crazy. It will be a little tough addressing that so i have been praying. He has questions on whether or not there is a prophet on the earth too. I hope they will contact so we can get them to general conferance. I may have to get the talk of the prophets on the website. Glad you were able to go to Salt Lake and go to that new mall. I didn't think it would be opening that fast haha.
Other than the family tho we have been trying to go knock some doors. We set up plans for seeing less-actives because 30% of the members out here are less-active. There have been missionaries in the past who have baptized and the people really didn't know what was in for them so now there are tons of less-actives. I would bet 1 out of 20 opens the door so it can be discouraging sometimes. There were two days that we didn't even get someone to come to the door. Makes ya wonder if that is what you should be doing sometimes.
Also there is a member who feeds us after every district meeting and she gives us scott bonnit pepper and they are super hot. They are like a 9 out of 10 on the hottest pepper scale i think haha hotter than a hobinaro i think and i ate two this past week! They are super hot but make ice cream soo much better anyway might have a picture in there if i can get this dumb thing to work! Can't seem to get it loaded.
Well we live in riverdale area and cover up to college park and down to bladensburg if you want to look at a map. Borders D.C. so just outside of the city and my area covers the university of maryland. Super wierd to see people my own age.
So the Paul Cardall concert was simply amazing. Super spiritual i have a couple of videos i might sent home on the card you can look at. I want to look at it before i sent it tho, hopefully it turned out well. Elder Schaap is super cool and i enjoy being with him and he is a District leader. We get 1000 miles a month to drive and we never even get close i guess. We go prolly 800 a month. and my comp does most of the driving which is fine with me cause i don't like this traffic and it has been a minute or too since i have drove. I have done it a couple of times but not for very long. GPS is super useful and helps cause i am terrible at reading maps. I got the Garmin Nuvi 120$ one. It has 8000 points to it so i just got the cheap one. it has helped out a ton.
I would like it if you could send out about 4 short sleeve white shirts cause the long sleeve just make me sweat have all the time i have been here. I might send a couple of the long sleeve home for after the mission and for dad if he wants them. I will keep a couple tho. Also for Shelb's birthday i don't have money to send home her present and when it does come i am just going to include Mom's and Meg's so happy birthday to all haha Also how is the puzzle mara? also i would like some slip on shoes. not dress shoes just for P-day and stuff so yeah i can prolly buy most of the stuff i want out here so maybe don't bother sending it unless you want to get it. let me know next letter. then some basketball shoes. If you want you could buy me some of those and have them send to me over the internet maybe. If ya do get me light one's. I did service and i only have those one pair i bought and they got dirty cause i was digging a hole. It was nice to do some physical labor again. I need more of that. Digging holes really is a stress reliever haha.
Hopefully i can get ya some pictures sent also but until next week hope all goes better!
Love Elder Stoor

With Paul Cardall

early morning pix of the Washington Monument

Elder Gleed & Elder Stoor  (Elder Gleed's dad & Elder Stoor's mom are 1st cousins)
here are some more pictures this computer is really slow but i think i will have the s-d card in the mail prolly next week so you can see all of the pictures and speaking of pictures what has megan done to my room?

soooo cool!!

Elder Stoor with the Scott Bonnet Pepper

What a Dream - I'm so jealous
I quickly sent Seth a note to remind him about his lil sister's birthday.  He had already sent his letter, but also sent a quick reply:

if she doesn't get the memo tell her I love her and that she should be happy.  Love and miss you mom and hope today will go well for ya tty next week

I LOVE MY BOY!!!
P.S.  Check out his companions blog:  www.elderschaap.blogspot.com
there is an awesome picture of Seth


No comments:

Post a Comment