Alma 29:9

Alma 29:9
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Monday, December 12, 2011

December 9, 2011

Hey family!
     So these c-ds please put them on my ipod then you can enjoy them too :).
My comp and I had a really hard TRC.  The TRC is like the place where they are supposed to be real investugators.  Our guy's name was and is Daniel Limon and to make my story short and sweet it was terrible.  He made fun of my comp and in the real world I would have just gone away but, he was just rude and wouldn't listen to anything we had to say.  He was trying to get us to talk science with him and nothing about religion.  Took us 15 minutes to get inside the door, and  my comp who is a pretty stout kid was almost to the point of hitting him, but he was really good and held his composure which I am thankful for because I wouldn't know what to do if he did.  but the biggest and most important lesson is you cannot teach anyone or anything unless you have the Spirit.  It is impossible.  That was our first TRC so we talked about it and we are not letting this get us down, so no worries, but that was a valuable lesson learned.  Must need the Spirit.
     I pressed the new look button on the email and learned that one to be a mistake.  Tell Bishop thanks for the e-mail and about that scripture  momma :)
     And for stuff to get here don't need much.  They have my journal here for like four dollars so I am going to get like 5 if I have the room and see how long they last and if I can because my bags and only weigh 50 lbs each.  So 100 lbs total plus carry on so I should be able too.  Just letters is all I can ask for and Dear Elder works the best prolly.
     Today is P-day and everyone else is napping but I can't sleep very good at this time of day and not when I haven't done many physical activities.  Gym is the best and I have played alot of ball in just two of those.  Should have gym everyday exept Tuesday and Sunday.  Played against this Mongolian kid he is wicked fast.  Never seen anyone so fast and I am serious.  Handle and Passes the ball better than anyone I have seen.  Good shot too but is super slow at getting it off buy gym is a good stress removal.  Wasn't stressed until the lesson last night by Bro. Farley about stress, then I was stressed lol.  Bro. Farely served under Pres. Modenhower haha don't make fun of my spelling.  You will have to tell them tho because he is my favorite teacher.  Bro. Anderson is the other one he is good but don't like him as much as the other one.
     All I can say is it is really fun.  We go around singing all the time haha pretty embarrisny I know but I am having fun.  It is weird tho cause I feel like I know everyone in my district from before.  Almost like the veil was lifted and we know each other from before this life.  They are fun and I will send ya a pic next time if I figure it out on the email.  Would ave today but forgot my camera and was shorted 15 minutes out of the 30 we get.
     I really want that pic of bre and the one of you guys, sen me multiple of you guys and the tie tacks.  I better go it seems like the days are just starting to get very short anytime is picking up.  Laundry time wish me luck mom.  Devotional tonight too so super stoked for that.  I love and miss all you guys but I love it here too.
Love,
Elder Stoor

P.S. Hearing my first name is weird now.  I am finally getting used to the fact that I am a missionary.  The first couple of days is just felt like I was just seeing them EVERYWHERE lol, realizing I am one of them tho.  3 Nephi 5:13

No comments:

Post a Comment