Alma 29:9

Alma 29:9
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

December 20, 2011

Hi guys i am in D.C!
seen Elder Gleed today that was pretty fun, and my trainer's name is Elder Fawcett, i think i spelled it right but not sure, he is from Canada so when you guy's want to facebook stalk him you can, he is going home next transfer so i only have 6 weeks with him and then i will get a new one! So after i called you i didn't do much cause everything was closed in the airport and then i got on the airplane and flew to atlanta did get a little bit of sleep but the plane landed late so i walked off the plane and caught a train over to the next plane and got on it did not have time to even soak in that i was in atlanta till i was on the next plane and sat there for 10 minutes and then we took off! so i am glad i called dad when i did otherwise i would not have been able to talk to you till sunday lol, i can't skype it is against the mission rules i guess, so just tell me a good time to call. After we got to Dulles, the four i was rooming with...Galuvao, Morris, and Lott all kinda left the group who were at the bathroom and went to go to the baggage claim to see if we could get our luggage and after we walked in the door to the baggage claim, Sister Matsumori came and ran up to us! then we met the Assistants there were three but now two because one went home at 4 today haha, and then President Matsumori met us, tell me if i got their spelling wrong so change it cause i don't want to mess that up.

After that we waited for the other elders and then went to the cars and loaded up and went to the Temple. That thing is huge! and it kinda pops out at you from both sides of the freeway and the visitors center is a good place to be. I hope to be able to go to the festival of lights sometime this week. My p-day is normally on Wednesday but it was changed this week because of us arriving i believe, so expect my e-mail next week and please send me a letter would ya i think i have to get one before i can get a library card i am using Elder's Dott...he is Morris's trainer, we are in the same apartment. but back to the story haha, i had the most spiritual experience so far, you start your mission off here by praying on the temple grounds and you get to end it there too before you get on the plane. I love that place! it was an amazing experience. Then we went to the mission home and tell Tonya i think it is the same one it is pretty big place. i hope to go there because i didn't take many pics there and sorry again for no pictures i will definitely remember to get some next week on here. At the mission home, we had an orientation meeting thing the assistants did, and Pres. did interviews to find out where we would go it was pretty fun, he is an awesome man! oh yeah before that we took a nap it was much needed the beds there are amazing. and then we had dinner really good, and also a testimony meeting which was spiritual then pie and go to bed and in between there somewhere they taught us the ping pong round the world thing game haha it was alot of fun. So today, we woke had a good breakfast then went to the Visitors Center on the temple grounds then in a room in there and had a trainers meeting and met the trainers then after we saw other missionaries about 13 leaving same number that came in with two sisters included in that number and that is where i saw e. gleedl, then we went through a session.

D.C. Temple is huge and very pretty, and we get to go once a transfer so i will get to go alot and the President told me to go to the D.C. area as much as i can because it is good, just don't let it interfere with proselyting time. and my area is anacostia, i don't know if i spelled right but the Pres. told me that it is the toughest area in the mission but i have the best trainer so i am glad he is trusting me enough to put me in a tough area. and it is kinda a slummy area so far but i like it.

Traffic here is just plain scary but i am in a bike mission so i do have the Best mission and everyone here are saying i am coming at the pefect time! He said he knows he gets the best missionaries so i hope to become just that! He says that because there are every kind of people here imaginable, embassies from every country, and just plain important people here, so we are kinda the world's sight to the Church or something like that. He explained that the temple in Rome is being able to be build because the top guy came to the visitor's center and the sisters were so nice that they said they would build a temple if they put something like that there, and also other examples. I told him that he did not have to worry about me and he could trust me so i am going to do just that and be as obedient as i can and just take in everything i can to become the best missionary i can be! Also they said to send all the mail to the mission office and i think you have that address already. There is a problem with theft so i only get a package every so often if the zone leaders get them then i won't have to wait till transfers but i will get most of them at transfer day so just heads up on that. I went shoppping just barely so hopefully i will be able to survive on what i got till i figure out what i can cook and what i can't lol

The Zone leaders are going to be Santa Clause so i should get all the packages that you sent me still i just have my sheets package and bike now. we had to leave mine and morris's bike at the stake center where we normally do transfers other than the first time which is at the visitor's center but they said we would have it tomorrow. I am doing fine tho so don't worry about me. I don't think i have seen a white person other than my companion in a while haha We pasted a Denny's and they are like that is the number one denny's for walk in murder's haha right after they said we are eating there soon cause it is just something i have to do lol, lots of sirens and they said we here gun shots once a week so we will see how that is. But i will be fine no need to worry about me cause i am a country  boy haha i am in god's hands so i will be protected. i just hope to serve him and my mission president the best i can. i am about 45 minutes away from D.C. i guess so i hope to be able to go there next p-day, traffic is crazy and people here seem to be nice so far. tonight we are gonna go out and do tracting i guess we don't knock on doors just talk to everyone we see. Meet my bishop tomorrow because he is having dinner, and got a call from a sister who wants a book of mormon to give as a gift my trainer got off the phone and said, this is good haha

I love this church and for the opportunity to serve i just hope that i will be able to but i am not worried Ibonics is a really different language so it is going to get used to understanding it but i can get the gist of it. I just hope i do good and my time is almost up so i will talk to you on sunday at i think you said noon your time but maybe that was 2 haha i don't know but i will try and get there sometime if i don't call just be around the phone i do not know what time church is yet, so don't know but my comp. said we are going to a members home to party, so that will be good and i have a card with something in it i can hopefully send tomorrow but don't know if i can. I know very little and am just trying to do everything right so that can be a problem. I am the greenest of the greenies but i should get it figured out here pretty soon. The first thing my comp. said is we are gonna have fun together so i am very excited for that. sorry mom but no strictler for me haha he seems pretty chill but i am trying to do everything i am supposed to do. I am still pretty tired tho and it is 5 o'clock here so i think 3 there so i think i am going to be able to get used to that switch here in a couple of days. one thing i learned was that the apostles say that we have the best mission president there is. When you become a mission pres. you are interviewed by one of the twelve and almost all is told that they will get a letter or call sometime, maybe not at all maybe in 5 years, but Pres. Matsumori was told if he didn't get a letter within the week, he needed to call salt lake! haha so he truly is the best i can have and i hope to make him proud and also make you proud. Next week's email should tell you everything about the peple i can remember and include some pictures (sorry mom, love you still). Talk to you on Sunday, send me an e-mail asking me all the ?'s you want answered and i will tell you. just know i love it here and no need to worry about me cause i am on Lord's errand. Love Elder Stoor!

just read you letter mother, elder Fawcett my trainer, anacostia south my aread, dl is my comp., loads of people but don't know alot because i haven't been here only three hours, p-day is on wed. but this week only is today, and hopefully i answered all your other ?'s, oh yeah the best present from the Matsumori's is a little preach my gospel!!!!! that just tells you how cool they are, because that is illegal but don't tell haha. Sis. Matsumori said, i don't know if it is legal but think it will help you guy's not have to pack as much in your backpack haha lover her and him a whole lot but i think my time is up so tty guys next week!! and Sunday!!! Love Elder Stoor...tell everyone i love letters :]

No comments:

Post a Comment