Alma 29:9

Alma 29:9
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Monday, November 18, 2013

This week is just full of spiritual stuff!
Mon, P-day was splendid and didn't get much accomplished at night! Tried. We were out and about trying to talk to people. It was perdy cold tho so not much going on.
Tues, We had to go get my companions bike fixed. His front wheel wasn't going straight. He keeps wrecking his bike. haha Isn't used to keeping up with me yet lol. We got dogged this morning by Candace. This is twice now. Not looking good for her. We then met with Andrei and had a decent lesson with him. He is looking at being baptized on the 24th if all goes well. Going to have him meet with the Bishop and interviewed by President Cooke. We shall see. We then went to practice for the Interfaith Concert and that took from 4-8 so not much done. Next week is the real deal so we will be there from 6-10 it will be alot of fun. We are carrying the banners in the concert and then just doing whatever else they ask.

Wed, We had one of the best days of the transfer today! We met with a new less-active! Fred. (new meaning we just found him) He is a little on the crazy side. Wants to come back to church tho. Will be meeting him every Wed from now on. We then went to Joelyn's! We were only there for 20 min but it was super crazy good. I shared with her Luke 9:62 "And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, looking back is fit for the kingdom of God." ( I have been doing this memorizing thing so if it is wrong, I need to review it again haha) I challenged her to give me her lighter so she can stop smoking, and told her to not look back! She then preceded to tell me that when she bought the lighter she told God that it was the last one. If she lost it or had it taken away, she wouldn't smoke anymore. She knew that only God knew that,and that it was merely Him working through me to tell her the time to stop smoking is now. I think Luke 9:62 was just a super fitting scripture and had to share it with her. We all need to remember to "never look back"! We then had dinner at the church and had scripture study with Andrei! It was really good.

Thurs, We had some service in the morning. The Interfaith Council of the Washington D.C. area needed some help sending some letters. Us and the French companionship went with the Porters and helped them package about 3000 letters! It was intense. I never need to mail a letter again. We took Andrei to the V.C. and had a little tour on how the church is organized and then we watched "On the Lord's Errand" Super good movie and helped him realize that President Monson is truly a prophet. It was really good. We then went to a mission meeting with the Ward Council's of our stake with Elder Zwick of the Seventy. It was absolutely amazing! The biggest part I can remember is when he had all the Bishops in the room stand up. He asked them what there purpose is with missionary work. They holding the keys to missionary work for the Ward it was enlightening. He then asked for an experience of someone being taught in their home in the last month. Room went silent. It was silent and Elder Zwick had a little grin on his face because he knew the Spirit was teaching us all. He then said "If you will commit to have someone taught in your home by Christmas you may be seated"! In the words of Sister Matsumori "Boom Roasted". It was really powerful to me. I know that all the missionaries need to be better. We are not perfect. I know I can be alot better than what I am right now. I am still trying to be. It make me realize the power that is coming from the leader's of this church, or ultimately Jesus Christ's message to us today. the Work of Salvation is the most important thing right now. He is Hastening His Work! If you don't believe it, you need to pray about it. It is totally coming from Jesus Christ. E. Zwick said that from when he was a missionary to just at the announcement of the age change the growth of missionaries serving was 35,000. He then said that it has now gone up about 40,000 in the last year. I hope and pray that we can all have a missionary experience by Christmas. And then to continue it.

Fri, From 9-4 today we were taught by Elder Zwick, his good wife, and President and Sister Cooke. It was really really good. I should have brought my notes and just told them to you. He shook our hands at the very beginning and I was wearing my Sunday suit. He looked at my pin I have had on my suit since the beginning of my mission. Said "You know Elder Mickelson" and smiled. I prolly didn't spell his name right, Dad's mission Presidents pin. It was kinda funny and glad I wore that suit today. He talked alot about the goodness of the missionary's in the Phillipeans and how they have reacted to this tragedy that has happened. It is really touching. Ask me about it when I get home. It is truly amazing how the Spirit can teach us. He mentioned alot at how the world is changing. It is not looking pretty I hear. I learned alot today about how I can stay strong when it is my turn to return home. I know that I will because I have been able to build me a pretty good foundation out here that I just hope to add too when I get home. I am just kinda in shock from this week if you can't already tell. I can't really describe in words what I felt today. Omni 1:26 is a scripture he told us that we needed to truly internalize if we want to be successful. It is really really powerful. Check it out.
After, We went to Ceasar's with Andrei and had a really good dinner and lesson with him. Asked him the Baptismal Interview Questions! We will see what happens this next week!

Sat, We had a Family History Meeting today that lasted from 10-3 then we went and had dinner and went to Stake Conference. During, our Mission Presidents talk he told us all to stand up and you know what to do. They had given us all a bunch of M+M's and we passed them out till they ran out haha. It was interesting. Then asked for people to stand and share what they think it means. Lots of good one liners. Member's and Missionary's is really what it goes for. One I liked was, It will melt in your hands but it is only sweet when it is in your mouth. So open your mouth to missionary work! Yeah! There were just many good talks. It felt like a General Conference. E. Zwick is just an amazing guy. After the meeting we took Joelyn our investigator to meet him. He shook her hand and then Sister Porter told him that she was an investigator. He then had a light bulb moment it looked like and said. "I didn't know what I was going to speak about tomorrow, but after meeting you Joelyn I do. I am going to talk about how you can draw closer to Christ, using your Bible. not the Book of Mormon but your Bible. I will be speaking basically to you Joelyn, Pay close attention". I dunno if the look on her face or my face was more flustered. I was just in shock. You don't normally get a General Authority to speak just to you.

Sun, Stake Conference. 4 steps on coming closer to Christ. I can't remember the last couple but he first couple hit me hard. 1st seek the companionship of the Holy Ghost, 2nd Diligence is daily scripture study and prayer, 3rd Keep the Commandments - including the Thou shalt and the Thou shalt not, 4th Follow the Living Prophet. Pretty good. We then Had a Why I Believe that night that was simply amazing! Jenny Oaks Baker! She has a solid testimony. Pres. Lorenzana who always conducts that meeting, said that this was the best one he has ever conducted. Happens on a monthly basis and he has been doing it for 7 years. It was really good. Music with Testimony is super powerful. It just capped our week.

Mon, We went in the Basilica next to our house. Huge catholic church. Will be taking a tour a little later on today.
Words can't truly capture the spirit that was in these meeting this week. I hope I did it justice. I think we all need to examine our lives and figure out what we need to do to participate in the Work of Salvation!

No comments:

Post a Comment