Alma 29:9

Alma 29:9
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Monday, November 11, 2013

Mon, We were able to teach a family today! Frankie and his wife and two kids! We taught the Restoration and it was super good. Spirit was strong. During the First Vision, his phone rang tho haha. He answered it right before my companion said "This is my Beloved Son, Hear Him". Things always seem to happen during the first vision. It turned out to be the "member" who had introduced him to the gospel...turns out she is a sister missionary. Yep a Sister from our mission interrupted our lesson haha. Think she would have been a little more in tune but oh well. We then talked about baptism and they were excited. Said yes to being baptized on Dec. 15th! I am super happy that I am able to teach a family. Kids are 13 and 14 so it is just great ;)

Tues, We had Zone Training in the middle of the day. It just sucked up our whole day. It was super good tho. E. Bledsoe gave an amazing workshop reminding us of our Purpose. It is amazing how simple yet complex the Gospel is. I think we always forget the purpose to why we are doing what we are doing. It is really to Baptize by building faith by repenting and helping others to be able to have the Holy Ghost with them so they can return to live with Heavenly Father again by Enduring to the End. It is amazing how many times you can hear a workshop about the gospel and you just feel the Spirit and pretty much find out you are doing everything all wrong and need to change. We then had dinner and it was time to go to the church for FHE! It was a really good lesson on Forgiveness. It was good to be reminded of it. We watched the Mormon Message on it as well. The one with the drunk driver an all...Just really a touching video. I love how it says that We are merely a vessel the Christ can work thru.

Wed, We got dogged in the morning...then had a good lunch at & Pizza. It is a super good place. Fresh pizza, kinda like a subway for pizza. It was really good pizza. A member paid for us. He then went to fill his drink and another member came up to us and told us not to pay that he would get us haha. I love experiences like that. We then taught Ceasar a  lesson about the Priesthood and our duty. It was actually a super good lesson for me. We watched the "Power of God" Mormon Message and then walked through what his job is. He is really nervous but my last Sunday on the mission we are going to bless the sacrament together! I am looking forward to it. We then had a dinner at the church. Always good to have those! Then went and talked to 10 people while checking on formers! Twas a good day!

Thurs, This day I planned on the wrong page so my planner is super messed up. I do know we got dogged by the same person twice today! It was great. We woke her up the first time then the next she just asked for a pamphlet and she would call us. Wish people would just let us know that they aren't interested from the very start sometimes. It then looked like to be a torrential downpour so we went to Ceasar's to stay out of the rain. We helped him with some tech stuff again and cleaned his place! We then went and checked on our referrals and got to contact two of them! It was a good night out and about on the streets of D.C.

Fri, A day of no appointments...those days turn out to be long. It was fun try to find some people tho! I talked to 12 today. We were going to do a chalk talk but it was just super cold. Will be doing one this next week tho so I am excited to try it out. I never have done it but I bought some chalk so I have to try it once. We had a lesson with Andrei today as well. It was a quick one. He had put some stuff on Facebook I didn't like and I let him know it and told him if he doesn't come to church he can't progress and just told him he needed to be there no matter what. Said he would...It was my kind of lesson. Short and directly to the point to fix the problem. I hope that he will become normal one of these days.

Sat, We had Ward Correlation and it was good except I had to conduct! I don't like conducting! We then had a family history g-q down at the Archives in D.C., we went down there and talked to people at the Navy Memorial about Family History. It was pretty fun. I got me a cool lookin research card while we were there! We then went to the V.C. with Andrei! We taught him the Gospel of Jesus ChristGave some good answers that seemed heartfelt and so we put him on date. Nov. 24th. He has to make it to church every Sunday so we shall see. After that we drove home to get in another car to drive back to the V.C. for a Concert for "We Serve" it was exceptional! We had Ceasar there and it was just great! Super good experience to honor the military. President Cooke was a Major General so it was his kinda night. He gave the opening prayer and I have come to realize that I don't know if I ever heard Pres. Matsumori pray...prolly did but I know it was the first time to hear President Cooke pray. Random thought. The flag ceremony was done by people in George Washington time uniforms. Twas super awesome. Don't know if I have seen it done quiet like that! Just a super good night to be an American to say the least.

Sun, Andrei came to Church! It was good to see him there. He seems to maybe have the right attitude now. Joelyn was there as well. It was fun! We then had a super good steak lunch at Ceasar's! I love steak haha. Then went to the V.C. again! I love the V.C.! Ceasar and Joelyn came with us to the Night of Music and Inspiration and it was just great. I love those. My last one...everything seems to be my last but it was super good. I am grateful for music! Today was just a good day! One of those days...

Mon, Zone activity and I figured I would email when I can...going back up to Quince Orchard for a little lazer tag! I hope to see Scott Shaffer today as well! Will let you know how it goes. I am planning on getting back on later so Hopefully see some e-mails. Love you all! Hopefully will get to talk to ya too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment