Alma 29:9

Alma 29:9
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Monday, October 21, 2013

Wed, Elder Jensen and I went and just g-q'ed some people and met Ceasar and then checked on some more member's to introduce him too but didn't get in!

Thurs, We had Ceasar cook us breakfast. Then we had to get E. Jensens bike tuned up a little bit. The gears were a little messed up. I just wish I knew how to do it. It looks super easy and I hope to learn someday. I am really good at changing flat tires just not the gears. We then got some good stuff done on the computer. I have typed up all the member's in our area so they can fit into our planner's so it is going to be super nice. It is why you haven't seen some stuff posted on facebook from me lately. Been using the time to try to help us be a little more effective when we are out working. We have 180 member' in our little area and we are going to be doing a good little sweep through of them. That is what the ward wants so hopefully we can deliver. We got to meet another recent convert I hadn't met. Sis Boykin. Hopefully going to start to meet with her every now and then! We then checked on a few more and it was fun!

Fri, Leadership Meeting was great as usual. I liked the workshops but sometimes it gets a little hard listening to missionary's trying to present it. I need to work on charity I guess but I really don't like hearing things from some missionary's sometimes. President Williams who is the 2nd counselor in the mission Presidency gave us a training, because President Cooke was away. It was great. He is a professional speaker so he does a good job of presenting. Had us all just tuned right in. It took up most of the day but it was a good meeting. We then had a good meeting with Andrei Ponze. Elder Fisher and Elder Rushton had taught him alot when we were here and I taught him on exchange 2 or 3 times. He was a solid investigator and found him on Facebook so we got to meet him and he is really a different person. Kinda seemed un-accountable but maybe he will grow out of it. Rough 1st lesson to say the least. Going to meet with him some more cause he wants too so we shall see. We also read scriptures with Bonita and it was great. Read I Nephi 8-11 and it was just super spiritual! I hope to see her come back to church. She definitely still has a testimony. We then went to the Visitor's Center and had a great time there. Joelyn was supposed to get baptized on Sunday but "sabatougched it" in her own words. Kinda sad. We taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ there and it as just a good time. I think it really helped her and I am hoping for next month she will be baptized! Not rushing it that is for sure!

Sat, We had a good ward correlation this morning. Got alot done. Ceasar then told us we had to come over cause he missed my birthday. Ribs sure are good! We then went biking around the area to show E.Jensen around a little bit. Went by the Verizon Center and that was fun. Ran into a member who wants to get us free tickets to go to a Capitols game. Never been to a hockey game. I dunno if President will let us tho haha. It was a pretty fun night!

Sun, Church was just great! Had couple of good meetings with the ward leader's. Hopefully things start to happen. It is hard to just do the Lord's work all the time. I hope to be a good member's for the missionary's when I get old. We then had a Why I Believe that night! Brian Kiel of the Washington Redskins spoke so you can bet that it was a full house. He gave an exceptional talk! All the Recent Converts gave a super good talk too! It is super spiritual meeting. If we ever come visit you have to plan on coming here during the third Sunday of the month because those meeting are the best! Only two recent converts stood up tho that is always sad when not many are there to introduce themselves.

Mon, Sunrise pics, tennis, library of congress! Super good P-day! Gonna take sunrise like every P-day till I get home cause they make the p-day's the best! Thanks for all the e-mails! Talk to ya next Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment